FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER – SYDNEY ZOO (FILLED)
|Job Title:||FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER – SYDNEY ZOO (FILLED)|
|Salary:||$150,000 + super|
|Start Date:||July, 2018|
|Contact Name:||Brenton Moore|
|Job Published:||April 11, 2018 10:59|
- Western Sydney
- Lead the F&B operation
- $150,000 + super
We are looking for an exceptional personality and operator who has previous experience in managing food and beverage operations for a major destination venue. A natural leader who will be able to develop and implement a comprehensive food & beverage strategy ensuring Sydney Zoo achieves optimal product quality, customer satisfaction and yield per visitor.
Answering to the Managing Director, the Food & Beverage Manager will be responsible for all activities required for the establishment of the F&B business within Sydney Zoo; including menu development, pricing strategy, supplier negotiations, FF&E purchases and staff recruitment. Once operational, you will then oversee all pricing, quality and monitor staff performance. Develop and ultimately run the functions & events strategy. Liaise with Marketing to manage key accounts in the F&B Tour Operator sector. You will also maintain budgeted labour costs, ensuring at all times pay rates are in accordance with the Amusement, Events and recreational Award 2010.
Key selection criteria:
- Proven commercial experience in a F&B role within a large-scale hospitality business
- A demonstrated understanding of business plans, budget development and implementation as well as previous experience in the delivery of profitable results.
- Strong leadership and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under broad direction, have a high level of initiative and organisational skills, including setting priorities and making sound judgements so as to meet goals and objectives.
- Staff management experience, including setting directions, monitoring work, supervising staff, providing feedback, managing performance and resolving grievances. This includes managing external consultants.
- Highly developed interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills (written & verbal), including negotiation/conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent writing skills and experience in preparing proposals
- Demonstrated judgement and problem-solving skills in a pressured environment, combined with strong ability to prioritise competing tasks.
- Knowledge of and commitment to Workplace Health and Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity, HACCP principles, including compliance with Awards and other workplace legislation.
To find out more about this fantastic role please contact Brenton Moore on 02 9220 5188 or email frontdoor@HLRecruitment.com.au
Confidentiality is assured. Please note that only those applicants that meet the selection criteria and deemed suitable will be contacted to discuss their application.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
GENERAL MANAGER / LICENSEE - $120K
VENUE MANAGER – circa $93K + parking - (FILLED)
Lower North Shore
$93k + Parking
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER - $70K + SUPER
VENUE MANAGER – $87,600 PA (CLOSED)
VENUE MANAGER - $80K + SUPER