ASSISTANT SOMMELIER RESTAURANT SUPERVISOR - $65k + SUPER- (FILLED)
|Job Title:||ASSISTANT SOMMELIER RESTAURANT SUPERVISOR - $65k + SUPER- (FILLED)|
|Start Date:||2 weeks|
|Job Published:||January 24, 2018 09:25|
- Passionate about wine – with solid wine knowledge
- Team player
- Excellent CBD location
We are looking for a Assistant Sommelier & Restaurant Supervisor with a great passion for wine, maybe studying wine, or if you have you’re WSET 2 or 3; this will be a definite advantage!
This role is working for a highly regarded and well-known restaurant and bar in the CBD. A fantastic FOH team is in place, just looking for that extra person that maybe you.
You will report directly to the Restaurant Manager.
- Opening duties
- Closing duties including cash up and approving timesheets
- Work with the owner to manage wine list and cocktails including pricing
- Take charge of ordering wine/ create new order lists
- Weekly wine training for staff
- Create a simple wine bible. Research their wines and a few descriptive words about each.
- Ensure till prices, buttons coincide with current wine list and are kept up to date
- Create and maintain menus using InDesign template for restaurant and various offers such as Dimmi. Menu's to be uploaded onto current website, digital screen at front of restaurant and print version at entrance
- Maintaining up to date food notes / allergy notes
- Work with management to ensure each event runs smoothly & efficiently
- Attend weekly management meeting on Thursday at 9am
- Being able to bring innovative ideas to management on how they can improve service standards, market their brand, even take over the marketing calendar for upcoming promotions
If this role sounds like you &/or you would like to find out more; please send me your updated CV to frontdoor@HLRecruitment.com.au OR call Dominique on 0432654300
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's