SOUS CHEF - BYRON BAY RESORT - $70K + SUPER
|Job Title:||SOUS CHEF - BYRON BAY RESORT - $70K + SUPER|
|Start Date:||May 2017|
|Job Published:||April 28, 2017 10:44|
- EXCELLENT SALARY - FOR MAXIMUM 45 HOURS A WEEK
- LIFESTYLE CHANGE - AMAZING TEAM TO WORK WITH
- AWARD WINNING RESORT - BYRON BAY LOCATION
Interested in moving up to beautiful Byron Bay? We are looking for a strong, very experienced Sous Chef to work with this multi award winning resort.
Set within a stunning subtropical rainforest. The resort provides an idyllic escape in a relaxed atmosphere. Our guests enjoy exceptional service, great food and wine, all with a smile.
The restaurant showcases Northern Rivers local produce with passion. Menus change each season to reflect the diverse regional offerings while daily specials embrace the chef's pick of the day.
With access to the best regional produce, our modern and well-equipped kitchen, and working with a friendly and hardworking team; our chefs are involved in all aspects of kitchen operations including cooking for a la carte, buffet and functions. As Sous Chef, you will be working closely with the Head Chef in leading the kitchen team to ensure that the team continually deliver a high standard of quality, well presented food to our guests.
- In conjunction with Head Chef, organise the production of high quality food according to seasonal menus.
- Assist in managing rosters for the kitchen team whilst maintaining wage costs within budget.
- Supervise and train the kitchen team, establish working schedules and assess staff performance.
- Fully comply with and enforce Food Safety and Hygiene Standards.
- Create a harmonious environment amongst all staff within the kitchen and restaurant team.
- Maintain food costs within budget by strict portion control and minimal wastage.
- Menu planning and compilation as well as recipe costing and recommended selling prices.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Previous experience working as a Sous Chef in a high volume kitchen.
- Previous experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel/resort.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Excellence in time management.
- Maturity and passion for the industry.
- Able to work days, nights, weekends and public holidays.
- Able to work under pressure and produce a high quality product.
- Excellent personal presentation.
- Strong leadership skills, work ethic and team player
All applicants must have full working rights in Australia to apply. No student visa please.
If this sounds like you and you would like to know more - please email me your updated CV: Frontdoor@hlrecruitment.com.au or call Dominique on 0432654300
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's